Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Four things I think today.

I think Michael Jackson is going to jail for a really long time. On the one hand, I think his life has been a tragedy, and not all of it is his fault. On the other hand, he makes his decisions, good and bad, and he seems to have made a lot of very bad ones.

I think Schilling gives six strong innings, gives up three runs, and strikes out seven. We'll see. At this point, I really don't care who wins, Skanks or Sox, there is still 95% of the season to be played out and April doesn't mean much except for working out the kinks. You could say that Spring Training is for working out the kinks, and you'd be right, but Boston's starting rotation is a big kink that is going to take some time. I'm not worried about it, Tito is back.

I think the weather here in Graz is ridiculous. Not as ridiculous as Arkansas, it doesn't change in a matter of minutes, which is one of the strange things Arkansans take pride in, but it is equally unpredictable and doesn't seem to care at all that there are "seasons" it is supposed to abide by.

I think Jeffri Chadiha is about a month late. Everyone else at SI.com has written about Matt Jones' impressive pro workouts and his intriguing draft possibilities, and did so starting more than a month ago. I'm not a huge Matt Jones fan, I like what he did for the program, he was exciting to watch, may or may not be a jerk, I don't know. He's a big reason the program is where it is, where it is going, and part of me simply likes reading about Arkansas in places other than the "You aren't going to believe how big this pumpkin is." type of articles. Anyway, I've enjoyed reading Peter King's theories about where Jones will go and what he'll do for the team that takes a chance on him, but I can't help but think Chadiha is reaching.

No comments: