Thursday, March 31, 2005

Standards of behavior.

So I am going to make you a promise. Most or all of the people that read this page are people I know and care about. Because I know you well enough to care about you, our lives are intertwined at some level or another. Maybe you are my mother. Or my mother's husband. Or Die Liebe meines Lebens. Or a very dear friend. Because I know you well enough to care about you, and because our lives are intertwined at some level or another, I think about you. I have thoughts and feelings and opinions about you and our relationship, whatever it may be.

You are important to me. That's what I am saying.

Honesty is also very important to me. This medium, as strange as it sounds, is important to me too. Sometimes the things I say are funny. Sometimes they are sad. Sometimes they are informative. They are probably very often boring. At the very least, the things I say are honest. If I have said them, you should know that I mean them.

Here’s my promise to you and to myself. I will not let the fact that you are going to read this change what I want to say or how I am going to say it. I promise not to write something with any motive other than to say it. I will not say something simply because I know you are going to read it. And I will not avoid saying something simply because I know you are going to read it. I promise not to change the way I write something in order to have any sort of affect on the way you will receive it. I will not speak for flattery or for harm or for influence.

I think that has been a goal of mine since I started writing here. I think so. I hope so. I just wanted to make sure you knew about it. Get it out in the open. This is still very new to me, you know. Maybe now that I know that you know, and you know that I know that you know, it will be easier to keep it that way. You know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope your having a beery good time.

katie said...

hey jaron, there were rumors on the internets that i was on your blog, so i'm checking it out. hope things pick up for you and i'm glad you get to come home after all - i know someone here who misses you very much :) also, bart and i miss you (that was him in the above comment, if you couldn't tell) - tschuss!