Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Road construction, next 11 miles...

Through the Austrian grapevine I have learned that I will soon have internets, as many and as often as I want, in the apartment. When this rumor bears fruit, I hope to blog every day or so. My blog will be modeled after "Peter King's MMQB" at SI.com, the only difference will be that I won't be talking about football or coffee. The football season is over and I don't drink coffee except for when I need some change to call the lady. Then I don't drink it so much as ignore what my body is telling me and conspire with my arm against the rest of my body and pour it down instead of just paying for it and leaving with my change. I hope to provide all sorts of entertaining and educational anecdotes about a wide variety of things. I have been storing them up throughout this internet drought. I watched the Oscars last night and they played a clip from "Sideways." In the clip, the woman, Virginia Madsen, is talking about why she loves wine so much, and she mentioned that wine is actually a living thing. I never thought of it that way before, but it's true, and I guess that is why so many people take such pride and care in it. Sort of makes me appreciate it more. On top of the increase in blogging, I hope to create a page at Flickr.com to show my pictures and you can access them whenever you want. I am an amature, I have weird tastes in photography, and I am not looking for compliments. Terra is much better than me at this and most things, so if you want to have an intellectual conversation with her about photography, you know where to find her. For my part, I will be pushing the button on top of the camera and you will be looking at the result. I like pictures that are blurry and have a sort of orange glow when there isn't enough natural light. I also take lots of pictures of bright blue things, like neon lights outside clubs. So, I hope you are looking forward to that. When I have more time, I will add links to Terra and Shook and things I think are interesting. Best wishes from across the seas.
Jaron
P.S.- My tone isn't meant to be condescending or disinterested. For some reason, this is how I write, and is completely different from my tone when I speak. I think it is funny, and if you know me in the real world, I think the contrast between physical me and electronic me is probably what makes it funny. If you think I am a jerk in real life, then this is no different for you and I am sorry. Also, expect my English to get worse and worse as my time across the seas increases.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to see the results you your button pushing.
-Mom

Anonymous said...

Good grief, you know what I meant to say....
Mom