Friday, March 04, 2005

Austria: consider yourself summarily defeated.

Austria's dastardly plans to keep my ears dirty, my room dark and salsa out of my mouth have all been thwarted. And all in a day. Q-Tips? Found them. In the baby section, to the right of the formula, below the wipes, bottom shelf, behind the display. Lightbulbs? Found them. By the shoestrings and nail files. Salsa? Made it, thanks to the valiant efforts of Mike and Jamie. And it was good. So there it is. Living life like it ought to be lived. I can think of a few things worse than living a life in which you never tasted salsa. A few, but not many. If you throw out being born blind or not being born at all, that brings the number to less than ten. Let me tell you this one time, Mike's salsa is delicious. I have often joked that I like salsa so much I could eat it with a spoon. I did, in fact, eat a great deal of this salsa with a spoon. Next time I make it, which will be soon, I am going to add extra jalapenos to keep my roommates and their wussy European tastebuds away from it. Chance of me making salsa again tomorrow are better than the chance it will snow again tomorrow. Chance of snow tomorrow? 90%. While we are on the subject of great culinary achievement...if Mexican restaurants were beverage containers, Taco Bell would be a Dixie cup with a hole in the bottom and La Huerta would be the Holy (insert expletive here) Grail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree, la huerta is super. i had chile colorado for dinner tonight. mmmmmm. if i could, i would ship some to you.

jamie

terra said...

I really like Marias. I could hook up an IV to their salsa and live on it. However, it seems everyone else has found out about it and it is crazy packed all the time now... I need to keep my big mouth shut.

jmporter said...

Another secret spoiled my terra.d's big mouth. I think the sign out front might have contributed too.