Wednesday, December 15, 2004

'Tis the Season...

This is maybe the first year in my short adult life that I have looked forward to the holidays and enjoyed the shopping experience that comes along with them. I'm really excited about giving my Mom the things I got for her. I've decided to get Britton and Bryce books from now on. They have plenty of toys now and will get more every Christmas and birthday for the next decade or so. I don't need to be contributing to that. Literacy, that's something I can get behind. Besides, the more toys they have, the more cleaning up they will have to do. And the more cleaning up that needs to be done, the less cleaning up they will do. The less cleaning up they do, the more punishment they will recieve. I don't need to be contributing to that. So literacy is my new favourite charity. And I'd like to start by spelling favourite like this. Favourite. Apparently the old man is just going to give us a wad of cash for Christmas. Time to make an annotated list of possible purchases and the anticipated costs of each of them. That will feel good. Steve: Could you help me find out which digital camera would give me the biggest, brightest bang for my buck?

I went to my Biological Anthropology class exactly six times this semsester. I got a B in the class. Something feels wrong about that. I also squeezed a C out of my European History class. Amazing. I thought I was "headed for the Big D don't mean Dallas" for sure. Maybe Dr. Bukey was feeling generous. No, that can't be it. I got a B in my German Literature class, which will in turn get me a shake of the head and a sigh from Dr. Condray at the next Stammtisch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you just quote a country song? hahaha, thanks a lot; that song is going to be stuck in my head all night. i think i can get behind literacy too. i think it's a pretty good cause; it might be my new favorite also. yes, favorite. because i'm not British. :)

jams