Thursday, October 28, 2004

Full circle...

Sure, you could say "It's just baseball." and you'd be right. It is just baseball, it is just a game. I've only been to Boston a couple of times, and I've only seen one game at Fenway, but while watching the Red Sox win last night I was overcome with a sense of relief for the people of New England. Now they can relax, for at least a month or so, and not have to worry about when their chance will come. It came. It's here and now. And my friends and I have been watching and cheering the Sox and we too feel like we belong to something special. It may be just a game, but it is a historic one. We are part of a lucky group of people who, for maybe just once in our lifetimes, have seen the Red Sox win the World Series.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how inspirational... blagh. just kidding. yay for your team winning the world series; that's wicked awesome!

jamie